Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun (Uttarakhand), brings to you daily PIB summary.
(1) India Post Payments Bank
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will launch the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on September 1st, 2018.
• IPPB has been envisioned as an accessible, affordable and trusted bank for the common man, to help speedily achieve the financial inclusion objectives of the Union Government.
• It will leverage the vast network of the Department of Posts, which covers every corner of the country with more than 300,000 Postmen and Grameen Dak Sewaks. IPPB will hence significantly augment the reach of the banking sector in India.
• On the day of the launch, IPPB will have 650 Branches and 3250 Access Points spread across the country. Simultaneous launch events will be held at these branches and access points.
• All the 1.55 lakh Post Offices in the country will be linked to the IPPB system by December 31, 2018.
• IPPB will offer a range of products such as savings and current accounts, money transfer, direct benefit transfers, bill and utility payments, and enterprise and merchant payments. These products, and related services, will be offered across multiple channels (counter services, micro-ATM, mobile banking app, SMS and IVR), using the bank’s state-of-the-art technology platform.
(2) Krishna Kutir
• Krishna Kutir, a home for 1000 widows inaugurated by Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi and Shri Adityanath Yogi at Vrindavan today.
• UP Government to allot land in Lucknow and Varanasi to create large Homes for helpless women and children.
• The Home for Widows, Krishna Kutir has been constructed on 1.4 hectare of land through National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC) at a cost of 57.48 Crores (including cost of the land) with a capacity of 1000 inmates.
• It has beautifully made 100 rooms/dormitories. The design of the Home has been prepared in consultation with Helpage India and is old age friendly
• The facility is also equipped with a large modern kitchen and a skill cum training centre.
• It also has two dispensaries and physiotherapy facility and the inmates will be given regular medical checkups.
• The construction of the home has been funded by Central Government and will be managed by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
(3) India’s First Standardised Modern Ship Design
• Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) made public 13 standardised state-of-the-art ship designs suitable for large barge haulage on river Ganga (National Waterway-1).
• It will help overcome the unique navigation challenges river Ganga throws due to its complex river morphology, hydraulics, acute bends, shifting channels, meanders and current.
• It will serve as an enabler for domestic shipbuilding industry working on inland vessels and open huge possibilities for cargo and passenger movement on National Waterway-1.
• The Government is implementing Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) for capacity augmentation of navigation on NW-1 (Varanasi-Haldia stretch) at a cost of Rs 5369.18 crore with the technical assistance and investment support of the World Bank.
Contact us for:-