Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun (Uttarakhand), brings to you daily PIB summary.
(1) Recent Developments in Clean and Safe Nuclear Power Generation
• The country is witnessing an increasing demand for energy and the consumption was only bound to go up further by 4.2 per cent per annum.
• Rapid urbanization and industrialisation are among the factors that would push energy demand and consumption further.
• Increasing the share of nuclear energy in the overall energy mix of the country was essential to ensure sustainable development of the nation and also to achieve India’s international commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
• Nuclear power is a cost effective and commercially viable energy resource. A developing country like India should make good use of such an important energy source that is clean and cost-effective.
• Massive afforestation to increase the green cover in the country.
• The National Mission on GeM was launched by Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, on 5thof September 2018.
• Creating awareness about GeM, train buyers and sellers, get them registered on GeM and increase the procurement through GeM.
• This drive has been taken up for the promotion of inclusiveness of all sections of categories of sellers and service providers, highlighting and communicating the value addition in joining GeM, achieving cashless, contactless and paperless transactions, increasing overall efficiency and maximising ease of availability of goods and services.
• The ongoing National Mission has led to an average saving of 25% across categories.
(3) Udyam Abhilasha
• On the occasion of Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi yesterday i.e. October 02, 2018, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), had launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, Udyam Abhilasha (उद्यम अभिलाषा) in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States and reaching to around 15,000 youth.
• The campaign would create and strengthen cadre of more than 800 trainers to provide entrepreneurship training to the aspiring youths across these districts thus encouraging them to enter the admired segment of entrepreneurs.
• to inspire rural youth in aspirational districts to be entrepreneurs by assisting them to set up their own enterprise,
• to impart trainings through digital medium across the country,
• to create business opportunities for CSC VLEs,
• to focus on women aspirants in these aspirational districts to encourage women entrepreneurship and
• to assist participants to become bankable and avail credit facility from banks to set up their own enterprise.
• Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), is the Principal Financial Institution for the Promotion, Financing, Development and Coordination of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector.
• SIDBI meets the financial and developmental needs of the MSME sector with a Credit+ approach to make it strong, vibrant and globally competitive.
• SIDBI, under its revamped strategy SIDBI 2.0, has adopted the theme of ease of access to MSEs and being Impact Multiplier & Digital Aggregator.
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun
- UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:- 9997453844.