Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun (Uttarakhand), brings to you daily PIB summary.
Embryo Transfer Technology
• Context: Speaking on the occasion of “National Milk Day” Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh has said that agriculture and dairy business complement each other for the social and economic upliftment of cattle farmers and emphasized on the importance of Embryo transfer technology.
• Embryo transfer technology is one of the most important reproductive biotechnologies where male and female genetic material can be utilized for faster improvement of livestock.
• Embryos of higher genetic merit indigenous bovines such as Sahiwal, Gir, Red Sindhi, Ongole, Deoni and Vechur are being transferred into surrogate cows.
Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF)
• Aims to benefit 95 lakh milk producers in 50,000 villages and provide both direct and indirect employment to many skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled workers.
• There is a provision to provide financial assistance for providing self employment opportunities in various activities from milk production to marketing.
Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP)
• Context: Health Ministry launches a new state-of-the art Information Platform to monitor public health surveillance.
• Union Health ministry launched Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) segment of Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in seven states today.
• Initiative will provide near-real-time data to policy makers for detecting outbreaks, reducing the morbidity and mortality and lessening disease burden in the populations and better health systems.
Paisa – Portal for Affordable Credit & Interest Subvention Access
• Context: A centralized electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) named “PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit & Interest Subvention Access.
• The web platform has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank which is the Nodal bank.
• PAiSA is yet another effort by the government to connect directly with the beneficiaries, ensuring that there is greater transparency and efficiency in delivery of services.
• DBT of subvention on monthly basis under DAY-NULM will give the necessary financial support to small entrepreneurs in a timely manner.
• The portal was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs .The portal will provide a platform to identify key areas of concern regarding municipal finance and urban planning, and will explore the options available to resolve them by inviting senior officials / experts to shed light on best practices.
• Context: The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs)- “Hausla 2018” of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) was inaugurated by the Secretary, Shri Rakesh Srivastava, today in New Delhi.
• There will be a participation of more than 600 Children drawn from CCIs from 18 states in the various events like painting competition, athletics meet, football, chess competition and speech writing as part of the Festival.
• The idea behind the entire event is to provide a national platform for the children from CCIs across India to showcase their talent, to make them realise the hidden talent they possess and to help take it forward in their life.
Contact us for:-