Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun (Uttarakhand), brings to you daily PIB summary.
KP activities to ensure that almost 99% of the diamond trade in the world is conflict free.
• India is committed to maintain KP as an efficient and effective process in order to ensure the conflict diamond free status.
• India is at the forefront in addressing the issue of differentiation between Natural Diamonds and Lab Grown Diamonds and ensure responsible business in this area.
Nine Point Agenda Suggested By India to G-20 for Action Against Fugitive Economic Offences And Asset Recovery
• Strong and active cooperation across G-20 countries to deal comprehensively and efficiently with the menace fugitive economic offenders.
• Cooperation in the legal processes such as effective freezing of the proceeds of crime; early return of the offenders and efficient repatriation of the proceeds of crime should be enhanced and streamlined.
• Joint effort by G-20 countries to form a mechanism that denies entry and safe havens to all fugitive economic offenders.
• Principles of United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC), United Nations Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime (UNOTC), especially related to “International Cooperation” should be fully and effectively implemented.
• FATF should be called upon to assign priority and focus to establishing international co-operation that leads to timely and comprehensive exchange of information between the competent authorities and FIUs.
• FATF should be tasked to formulate a standard definition of fugitive economic offenders.
• FATF should also develop a set of commonly agreed and standardized procedures related to identification, extradition and judicial proceedings for dealing with fugitive economic offenders to provide guidance and assistance to G-20 countries, subject to their domestic law.
• Common platform should be set up for sharing experiences and best practices including successful cases of extradition, gaps in existing systems of extradition and legal
• assistance, etc.
• G-20 Forum should consider initiating work on locating properties of economic offenders who have a tax debt in the country of their residence for its recovery.
Contact us for:-