Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for RBI grade B/NABARD/SEBI in Dehradun (Uttarakhand), brings to you views on important issues.
- HQ – Washington.
- Set up in 1944 with a charter to drive post-World War II reconstruction.
- Officially known as IBRD ( International Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
- Provide long term soft loans to rebuild the third world (Soft loans interest rate is very low).
- The official goal or mission of the World Bank is a reduction of poverty.
- Aim– Promotion of foreign investment and international trade + Facilitation of capital investment
World Bank Group Comprises of Five organizations viz.
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- The International Development Association (IDA)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)