Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you UKPCS Science Chemistry (paper 6).
- Any substance consisting of two or more different types of atoms (chemical elements) in a fixed proportion of its atoms (i.e., stoichiometry) can be termed a chemical compound.
- Ionic compounds are compounds composed of ions, charged particles that form when an atom (or group of atoms, in the case of polyatomic ions) gains or loses electrons.
- A cationis a positively charged ion
- An anionis a negatively charged ion.
- Covalentor molecular compounds form when elements share electrons in a covalent bond to form molecules. Molecular compounds are electrically neutral.
Ionic compounds are (usually) formed when a metal reacts with a nonmetal (or a polyatomic ion). Covalent compounds are formed when two nonmetals react with each other.
Contact us for:-
•IAS coaching in Dehradun
•UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun
•Current Affairs classes in Dehradun
•For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
•Phone Number:- 9997453844