UPPSC/UPPCS Mains- Answer writing practice
Discuss the challenges and opportunities of livestock sector in India. (125 words)
भारत में पशुधन क्षेत्र की चुनौतियों और अवसरों पर चर्चा करें। (125 शब्द)
Around 20 million people are dependent on livestock sector for their livelihood in India.
• Improving genetic resources in cattle and overcoming livestock diseases.
• Small size of herds in most parts of the country
• Livestock continues to be raised on crop residues and agricultural by-products. The area under cultivated fodder production is limited only to 4.60% of the total cultivable land.
• Disease diagnosis, health and hygiene maintenance of are affecting the production potential.
• Availability of quality nutrients through feed and fodder resources.
• Mitigating the issue of greenhouse gas emissions contributed by livestock.
• Growing demand for animal food products is an opportunity for the poor to escape poverty through diversifying livestock production.
• Greater integration of global markets under World Trade Organization (WTO) provides opportunities for exporting animal food products.
• With fragmentation of land, livestock presents an opportunity to the small landholders.
• Livestock rearing provides an escape route from the climate vagaries.
Contact us for:-