UPPSC/UPPCS Mains- Answer writing practice
Discuss the influence of GOI Act 1935 on the constitution making of India (125 words)
भारत के संविधान बनाने पर भारत सरकार अधिनियम 1935 के प्रभाव पर चर्चा (125 शब्द)
The GOI Act of 1935 laid the structural and institutional framework for administrative governance which was comprehensively adopted by the framers of our Constitution. The provisions borrowed from this Act are:
· Federal Structure & Division of powers: The federal scheme of the Indian Constitution is rooted in the proposed ‘All India Federation’ of the GoI Act of 1935. The clear demarcation of powers between Centre and States across Union, State & Concurrent lists bear imprints from the erstwhile scheme of Federal, Provincial and Concurrent list.
· Bicameralism: The present day Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha are the successors of Federal Assembly and Council of States introduced by GoI Act of 1935.
· Judiciary: The Supreme Court of India replaced the ‘Federal Court of India’ introduced by the GoI Act, 1935.
· Public Service Commissions: The provision of establishment of not just a Union but also a State and Joint service commissions was envisaged by the Act.
· Office of the Governor: This concept was taken from Govt. of India Act 1935. In present structure of Constitution, Article 154-162 deals with the Governor and its power.
· Emergency Provisions: The Emergency provisions as in article 352, 356 and 360 are taken from GOI Act 1935.
Contact us for:-