QUESTIONS: MODERN HISTORY
1. Which of the following women and their contributions to freedom struggle are correctly matched?
1. Usha Mehta: unfurled the first National Flag at the International Socialist
Conference in Germany.
2. Pandita Ramabai: organized Secret Congress Radio during Quit India Movement.
3. Aruna Asaf Ali: hoisted the Indian
National Congress flag in Bombay during
the Quit India Movement.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 3
Ans. 1. (b)
Exp: Madam Cama unfurled the first National Flag at the International Socialist Conference in
Usha Mehta organized Secret Congress Radio
during Quit India Movement.
Continue reading “UPSC GS DAILY MCQs : 12.07.18”
1) Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu becomes first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign an MOU
• Rajya Sabha has, for the first time in 76 years since it came into being, entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue. Continue reading “PIB summary 10 July”
1. Which of the following statement is/are true
about planetary winds?
1. All planetary winds are blowing from east to west.
2. They change their position as per the apparent movement of sun.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
Ans. 1. (b)
Exp: Some are westerly and others are easterly as per the position of low pressure and coriolis force. Apparent movement of sun changes the position of low pressure and high pressure and hence that of the trade winds.
Continue reading “UPSC GS DAILY MCQs : 11.07.18”
(1) PM, Korean President, inaugurate mobile manufacturing facility in Noida
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, and the President of the Republic of Korea, Mr. Moon Jae-in, today jointly inaugurated a large mobile manufacturing facility of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd, at Noida. Continue reading “PIB summary 9 July”
(1) PM lays foundation stone for urban infrastructure projects
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, while addressing a public meeting unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of 13 Urban Infrastructure projects for the State of Rajasthan. Continue reading “PIB summary 7 July”
QUESTIONS: ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
1. Which of the following will increase the population of a community in a region?
2. Natality 3. Mortality
(a) 1 and 4 (b) 2 and 4
(c) 3 and 4 (d) Only 4
Ans. 1. (b)
Exp: Emigration and Mortality will decrease the population. Rest will increase.
Continue reading “UPSC GS DAILY MCQs : 10.07.18”
Which of the following comes under ‘factors of production’?
1. A 400 acre plot
3. Tools & machines
4. Raw materials
5. Money in hand
6. 50 skilled professionals
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 5
(b) 3, 5 and 6
(c) 2, 4 and 6
Ans. 1. (d)
Exp: Land, labour, physical capital and human
capital come under factors of production.
These four things combine to produce goods
• 400 acre plot – land
• Minerals- other natural resources
• Tools & machines-physical capital
• Raw materials- physical capital
• Money in hand-physical capital
• 50 skilled professionals-labour
Continue reading “UPSC GS DAILY MCQs : 09.07.18”
(1) PM addresses International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj through video conference Continue reading “PIB summary 6 July”
(1) Cabinet approves accession to WIPO Copyright Treaty, 1996 and WIPO Performance and Phonograms Treaty, 1996 Continue reading “PIB summary 4 July”
(1) Water storage level of 91 major reservoirs of the country goes up by two percent
• The water storage available in 91 major reservoirs of the country for the week ending on July 05, 2018 was 32.847BCM which is 20% of total storage capacity of these reservoirs. Continue reading “PIB summary 5 July”