1) Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu becomes first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign an MOU
• Rajya Sabha has, for the first time in 76 years since it came into being, entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue. Continue reading “PIB summary 10 July”
(1) PM, Korean President, inaugurate mobile manufacturing facility in Noida
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, and the President of the Republic of Korea, Mr. Moon Jae-in, today jointly inaugurated a large mobile manufacturing facility of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd, at Noida. Continue reading “PIB summary 9 July”
(1) PM lays foundation stone for urban infrastructure projects
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, while addressing a public meeting unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of 13 Urban Infrastructure projects for the State of Rajasthan. Continue reading “PIB summary 7 July”
(1) PM addresses International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj through video conference Continue reading “PIB summary 6 July”
(1) Cabinet approves accession to WIPO Copyright Treaty, 1996 and WIPO Performance and Phonograms Treaty, 1996 Continue reading “PIB summary 4 July”
(1) Water storage level of 91 major reservoirs of the country goes up by two percent
• The water storage available in 91 major reservoirs of the country for the week ending on July 05, 2018 was 32.847BCM which is 20% of total storage capacity of these reservoirs. Continue reading “PIB summary 5 July”
(1) Indian Army Motorcycle Expedition to Commemorate Kargil Vijay Diwas
• A motorcycle expedition comprising of ‘SHWET ASHW’ the elite Motorcycle Display Team of the Corps of Military Police, was flagged off’ on 02 July 2018 to commemorate the victory of Indian Army in Operation Vijay 1999. Continue reading “PIB summary 3 July”
(1) ECI to hold a National Consultation on Accessible Elections
• The Election Commission of India (ECI) has organized a two-day “National Consultation on Accessible Elections,” from the 3rd July, 2018 in New Delhi.
• It will be inaugurated by the Chief Election Commissioner Shri O.P.Rawat, in presence of the Election Commissioners Shri Sunil Arora and Shri Ashok Lavasa. Continue reading “PIB summary 2 july”
(1) GST day
• Government of India has decided to celebrate July 1st as GST day because GST was launched on the 1stJuly, 2017 in a majestic ceremony held in the Central Hall of Parliament on the midnight of 30th June, 2017.
• Before implementation of GST, Indian taxation system consisted of central, state and local area levies.
• In the constitutional scheme, taxation power on goods was with Central Government but it was limited up to the stage of manufacture and production while States had power to tax sale and purchase of goods. Centre had the exclusive power to tax services. Continue reading “PIB summary 1 July”
(1) India gets its 37th WORLD UNESCO World HERITAGE SITE
• India’s nomination of the “Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai ” has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage list. The decision was taken at the 42ndsession of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO at Manama in Bahrain today. Continue reading “PIB summary 30 June”