Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you daily MCQs. Answers would be updated in the evening.
Q. Which of the following parts of the constitution is/are justiciable in nature?
1. Directive Principle of State Policy
2. Fundamental Duties
3. Fundamental Rights
Select the correct answer using the code given below. Continue reading “UPSC GS Daily MCQs: 20.08.2018”
1. Defence Ministry to rope in industry to leverage Artificial Intelligence
• The Defence Ministry will soon come up with a detailed roadmap on working closely with the industry on leveraging Artificial Intelligence – latest technology that emphasizes on creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans – in Armed Forces.
• A task force, headed by Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran to study use and application of AI in military, recently gave its recommendations, which has been converted into a Draft Executive Order. Consultation is underway with different wings of the Defence Ministry. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 18 Aug”
(1) PM visits Kerala
The Prime Minister visited Kerala to review the situation arising out of floods in the State
Relief announcements: Continue reading “PIB summary 18 August”
1. Falling rupee a double-edged sword for India, warn analysts
• India’s rupee hit fresh record lows amid warnings that benefits to exporters from a weaker currency would be offset by the higher price paid by Asia’s third-largest economy for oil. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 17 Aug”
(1) Ease of Living Index to Empower Citizens
• Ease of Living Index launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on 13th August 2018 has attracted wide public enthusiasm and provided an opportunity to Urban Planners, Municipal Authorities and public at large a baseline data for wider public debate. Continue reading “PIB summary 17 August”
Syllabus: Mains Paper: 3 | Mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
‘In recent times the state government finances have weaken’. Analyse.
Continue reading “State Government Finances #25”
1. More than half farmers still in debt: Nabard Survey
• Indian farmer has turned ‘lakhpati’ with an annual income of Rs 107,172. But about 52% of them continued to be indebted, a survey by agri and rural lender Nabard showed. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 16 August”
(1) Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address on the 72nd Independence Day
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, addressed the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort, on the occasion of the 72nd Independence Day. Continue reading “PIB summary 16 August”
1. PM announces launch of Ayushman Bharat Healthcare Scheme
• The government will launch the ambitious Ayushman Bharat healthcare scheme on September 25 which aims at benefiting 50 crore Indians. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 15 Aug”
Syllabus: GS-3: Environment
Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment Disaster and disaster management.
What is green finance? What are green finance market and its opportunities in India?
Continue reading “Green Financing India #24”