1. Cabinet approves changes to Triple Talaq Bill, PMGSY
• Besides approving 3 amendments to the anti-instant triple talaq bill, the Union Cabinet and the CCEA took several other key decisions as well. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 10 Aug”
Mains Paper 2: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
Fake Academia is pressing issue in India?
Continue reading “Education: Predatory journals #21”
The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. Oracle IAS, an institute for UPSC preparation in Dehradun, brings to you daily answer writing practice to improve your writing skills. Today’s questions are from paper-4(Ethics) of UPPCS Main Exam Syllabus. Continue reading “UPPCS(Mains) Daily Answer Writing Practice: 10.08.2018”
1. Strengthen PSB boards, IMF tells govt.
• India needs to improve the way state-owned banks are run by bolstering board-level autonomy, the International Monetary Fund said in a report, adding that the government should consider eventually privatizing them. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 9 Aug”
(1) Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, 2018
• The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, 2018 which was passed by the Lok Sabha on 6th August 2018, has been passed by the Rajya Sabha.
• Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot today moved the Amendment Bill, 2018 in Rajya Sabha. Continue reading “PIB summary 9 August”
GS-2: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
'CAATSA shows the growing strategic relationship between India and USA'. Comment.
Continue reading “IR: CAATSA #20”
The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. Oracle IAS, an institute for UPSC preparation in Dehradun, brings to you daily answer writing practice to improve your writing skills. Today’s questions are from paper-4(Ethics) of UPPCS Main Exam Syllabus. Continue reading “UPPCS(Mains) Daily Answer Writing Practice: 09.08.2018”
1. Strong Indian economy continues to lead global growth: IMF
• India is a source of growth for the global economy for the next few decades and it could be what China was for the world economy, the IMF said on Wednesday, as it suggested the country to take steps towards more structural reforms. Continue reading “Current Affairs summary 8 Aug”
(1) NITI Aayog and CII Launch Partnership on SDGs
• “Business & government partnership needs to be harnessed to achieve greater good”, -Raj Kumar Singh
• The Minister said that in sustainable development three things matter the most: energy, water and circular economy/green industry. To action his 2022 agenda, he expressed confidence that India will achieve its clean energy goals even earlier than 2022 and urged everyone to be conscious and responsible towards the environment.
• CII-NITI Aayog have entered into a three-year partnership and a MoU was signed.
• This partnership focuses on specific activities that seeks to develop: Continue reading “PIB summary 8 August”
Oracle IAS, an institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you daily MCQs. Answers would be updated in the evening.
प्रश्न : निम्नलिखित कथनों पर विचार कीजिए:
- राष्ट्रपति वास्तविक युद्ध या बाहरी आक्रमण से पूर्व भी राष्ट्रीय आपातकाल की घोषणा कर सकते हैं।
- राष्ट्रपति केवल प्रधानमंत्री से लिखित अनुशंसा प्राप्त करने के पश्चात राष्ट्रीय आपातकाल की घोषणा कर सकते हैं।
उपर्युक्त कथनों में से कौन से सही हैं?
(a) केवल 1
(b) केवल 2
(c) 1 और 2 दोनो
(d) न तो 1, न ही 2
Q. Consider the following statements:
1. The President can declare a national emergency even before the actual occurrence of war or external aggression.
2. The President can proclaim a national emergency only after receiving a written recommendation from the Prime Minister.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Continue reading “UPSC Daily MCQs: 09.08.2018”