The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
1)Rusting occurs in iron but not in aluminium, explain why? (20 words)
2)What is genetically modified crop? (20 words).
3)In which year the parliament of India enacted the wildlife protection act and what was its purpose? (50 words)
4)Suggest some measures to control noise pollution. (50 words)
- Aluminum after oxidation is protected by a hard layer of aluminum oxide that prevents the metal below from coming in contact with moisture and air further oxidation does not happen.
- GM crops are plants in which the DNA is modified by using genetic engineering methods in-order to introduce new trait. Egs Bt cotton which is pest resistant to bollworm.
- The parliament enacted the Wild Life protection Act in 1972 after the UN international conference on Environment in Stockholm. The Act provides for the protection of wild animals, birds and plants. The Act established six schedules of protected plant and animal species; hunting or harvesting these species was largely outlawed. The act also empowers the government to create national parks for wildlife conservation.
- Measures to control noise pollution:
- Zoning: silence zones near the residential areas, educational institutions and hospitals. Industries situated on outskirts of cities.
- Sound insulation at construction sites
- Avoiding noisy installations, using ear plugs etc.
- Planting trees
- Legislative: banning of loud speakers, pressure horn etc. Revisiting the noise pollution act .