The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice and UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UPSC DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
What are environmental ethics? Discuss whether it is possible for a common man to adhere to them. (250 words)
पर्यावरणीय नैतिकता क्या हैं? चर्चा करें कि क्या किसी आम आदमी के लिए उनका पालन करना संभव है|
Define Environmental ethics
- Why Environmental ethics important?
- Why difficult for common man to follow them?
How to promote environmental ethics?
- Environmental Ethics is the applied branch of ethics. It incorporates environmental concerns in ethical behavior. It extends the realm of ethics from purely anthropocentric view to a more comprehensive view comprising of holistic care of the nature.
Environmental Ethics believes that humans are a part of the society as well as other living creatures, which includes different plants, animals. With the changing dynamics of the world, with increasing brunt of the environmental hazards on the humans, it becomes very important for the humans to pay heed to the Environment and deal ethically with the issues of the environment.
It is imperative the common people are in sync with the efforts at the global and at the level of Central and state government and contribute to the preservation of the environment.
Though, it is of utmost importance and it is considered to be the need of the hour, it may not be possible for a common man to comply & adhere to the principles of Environmental Ethics due to the following issues–
- Poor people have no other option than burning fossil fuel for cooking, as it is vital for their survival.
- Most of the poor people are dependent on the forest resources for their survival like wood, food etc.
- Still many tribes are dependent on hunting and gathering, that is their only mode of survival.
- Natural Resources of the environment are the only sources of income for the people who otherwise don’t have enough employable skills.
- Culture of conspicuous consumption.
Thus, it is imperative that education about Environmental Ethics is spread to the common people. They are made to understand the importance of the Environment, the degrading nature of the environment and the effect of the same on the humans.