The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice and UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UPSC DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
What is the International Solar alliance? Analyze the government policy with respect to the solar sector. (250 words)
अंतर्राष्ट्रीय सौर गठबंधन क्या है? सौर क्षेत्र के संबंध में सरकार की नीति का विश्लेषण करें। (250 words)
Explain ISA and its objectives. Objective can be depicted in diagrammatic form.
- Various steps taken by the government.
A positive way forward.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an alliance of more than 121 countries, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. Countries that do not fall within the Tropics can join the alliance and enjoy all benefits as other members, with the exception of voting rights. It is to be headquartered in India in Gurugram.
There are three objectives behind the ISA:
1. To force down prices of solar technology by driving demand.
2. To bring standardization in the manufacturing of the solar panels and other solar
technologies, so that the prices can fall substantially.
3. To foster research and development in solar technology.
The government has set ambitious renewable energy target of 227 GW by 2022, with 100 GW through solar energy. The various steps taken are:
- Set up ministry of new and renewable energy.
- solar parks and ultra major solar power project
- Suryamitra programme
- Renewable purchase obligation
India solar industry follows the following issues:
- One of the most pressing regulations that the industry needs to look into is the uncertainty with regard to the tax rate under the new GST regime.
- Indian industry faces stiff competition from Chinese, Malaysian imports. The USA dragged India to dispute settlement board in WTO as it alleged that India solar policy is not TRIMS compliant.
- There are also issues with respect to synchronizing the electricity produced by renewable energy to the electric grid.
With increasing focus on climate change and pollution, solar energy is seen as a solution worldwide. Strong financial measures are required to finance the solar projects, innovative steps like green bonds, institutional loans and clean energy fund can play a crucial role.