The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice and UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UPSC DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
Write a note on ‘Belt and road initiative’? What are India’s apprehensions and what steps has India taken/should take?(250 words)
बेल्ट एंड रोड इनिशिएटिव पर एक टिप्पणी लिखें | इस विषय में भारत की क्या चिंताएँ हैं और भारत ने क्या कदम उठाये हैं/उठाने चाहिए ?(250)
Structure of Answer:-
Brief idea about BRI
Write apprehensions and Steps taken/to be taken
China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) seeks to expand maritime routes and land infrastructure networks connecting China with Asia, Africa and Europe, boosting trade and economic growth.The initiative – initially known as One Belt, One Road – aims to eradicate poverty, create jobs, address the consequences of international financial crises, promote sustainable development, and advance market-based industrial transformation and economic diversification.This is a long-term project which, for years to come, will give China a key role in guiding and supporting cultural, economic, political, and trade developments around the world.The initiative now encompasses nearly 70 countries with a population of over 4.8 billion people, more than half the planet’s population.
India’s apprehensions are:
a) Security: CPEC, a part of BRI, passes through PoK and also the development of Gwadar port are India’s major concerns. Pakistan has been emboldened by Chinese support. Moreover, China’s increasing influence in India’s periphery (string of pearls) would lead to presence of China in the Indian Ocean.
b) Trade: Port development along India’s periphery would hinder trade with the neighbour’s and bilateral relations eg. Hambantota, Sittwe,Male etc.
c) Friction between India and China may lead to weakening of the BRICs.
India has taken the following measures:
1. India has become a part of Quadrilateral Security Dialogue consisting of India, Australia, US and Japan
2. India has accelerated the development of the Chabahar Port in Iran.
3. Act East policy to strengthen the relationship with ASEAN.
4. Project Mausam: it aims to re-connect and re-establish communications between countries of the Indian Ocean.
5. International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC): This immense multi-modal connectivity project aims to link India to Russia, and Europe via Iran and Central Asia.