The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
1.What is mango shower? (20 words)
आम्र वर्षा क्या है?
2.What is main boundary fault? (20 words)
मुख्य सीमांत भ्रंश क्या है?
3.Compare subsistence agriculture with commercial agriculture. (50 words)
निरहुआ कृषि की व्यावसायिक कृषि से तुलना कीजिए|
4.Briefly describe achievements of green revolution. (50 words)
हरित क्रांति की उपलब्धियां संक्षेप में बताएं|
- Mango showers are a colloquial term to describe the occurrence of pre-monsoon rainfall. Sometimes these rains are referred to generically as ‘April rains’ or ‘Summer showers’. It got the name because these pre-monsoon rain help in the ripening of mangoes.
- The Main Boundary Fault is where the Indian Plate has pushed under the Eurasian Plate along the Himalaya. It is a thrust fault that continues along 2200 km of the Himalaya mountain belt.
- Subsistence Agriculture
(i) Farming practices in which crops are cultivated for local consumption.
(ii) Farms are small and food crops are cultivated such as rice and wheat.
(iii) Old tools and implements are used by the farmers.
(iv) Depends on monsoon and there is greater use of manpower.
(i) Farming practice in which goods produced are mainly for the market to get cash.
(ii) Farms are larger and cash crops are cultivated. Such as cotton, sugar-cane, jute.
(iii) Better implements are used and there are proper irrigation facilities.
(iv) Less of manpower is used.
4. Achievements of the Green Revolution were/are :
- The country has become self-sufficient in food grains.
- Create buffer stocks of food grains which can be used in the event of natural calamities
- It has led to increase in rural prosperity.
- The demand for various agricultural inputs has increased tremendously. This has created a large number of employment opportunities.
- Benefited the poor in the form of lower food prices and increased inter-state migration opportunities.
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun
- UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun
- Current Affairsclasses in Dehradun
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:–9997453844