The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice and UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UPSC DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
‘The Doha talks for Afghan peace process is empowering the Taliban’. Discuss the changing US foreign policy with respect to Afghanistan and its impact on India. (150 words)
‘अफ़ग़ानिस्तान में शांति हेतु दोहा वार्ता तालिबान को मजबूत कर रही है| ‘ अफगानिस्तान में संयुक्त राज्य अमेरिका की बदलती हुई विदेश नीति के संदर्भ में चर्चा करें और भारत पर इसके प्रभाव का विश्लेषण करें|
- Why Doha talks
- Shift in US policy
- Impacts on India
- What India should do.
After the failure of 18 year war(2001-till date) in Afghanistan, US has decided to abandon the area. Following the America Firs policy in military arena, US is withdrawing from role of security provider in Af-Pak region. Doha talks are an effort to include the ‘good’ Taliban in the Afghan govt, so that there is no repeat of 1990s in Afghanistan.
The shift in US policy :-
- From military engagement to talks with Taliban, which are also supported by Russia, China and Pakistan.
- From disfavoring Pakistan after elimination of Osama Bin Laden to making it arbiter for the ongoing political process in Afghanistan.
- From surge in troops to a token military presence in Afghanistan.
Impacts on India:-
- India’s laboriously built goodwill among Afghan people could be at stake as powers opposed to India take charge.
- Battle hardened Taliban militants could turn their attention to Kashmir.
- Our economic and commercial interests in Afghanistan could be under threat.
India should use its goodwill and stature toremain relevant in Afghanistan by accepting realities of geopolitics and stop Pakistan from hijacking the peace process. At the domestic front, we should check militant infiltration, stop radicalization and develop technical and human intelligence to ensure it does not impact our internal security.