The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice and UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UPSC DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
‘Revoking NFU does not necessarily mean given up restraint, but it leaves is India’s nuclear doctrine more ambiguous’. Critically analyse (150 words)
‘एनएफ़यू को निरस्त करने का मतलब यह नहीं है कि संयम छोड़ दिया जाए, बल्कि यह भारत के परमाणु सिद्धांत को और अधिक अस्पष्ट बना देता है।’
आलोचनात्मक विश्लेषण करें| (150 शब्द)
NFU and how it helped India
Pros and Cons of NFU policy
How to proceed and why.
India has a declared no first use policy for nuclear weapons but also maintains a credible minimum deterrence and massive second strike capability. It has helped us to project ourselves a responsible nuclear power, come into nuclear mainstream(admission to MTCR, Wassenar and Australia groups and waiver from NSG) and promoted stability in the neighbourhood.
Recently defence minister has announced rethinking of NFU policy due to changed strategic equations.
The pros are:-
• The resulting ambiguity would ensure there are no misadventures by any country.
• we shall have option of nuclear weapons even if there is a debilitating conventional, chemical, biological or cyber attack
Cons of revoking NFU:-
• May promote instability
• negatively impacts India’s campaign for admission into NSG.
China also has a declared NFU policy despite many conflicts with its neighbours, whereas Israel maintains ambiguity to deter any misadventure by its neighbours. Revoking NFU may sound right in the era of asymmetric, non linear fourth and fifth generation warfare, but due deliberation is required before we take any hasty decision.
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:– 9997453844