The most important and most neglected part for Civil Services Preparation is answer writing. It is not about HOW MUCH YOU STUDY but CAN YOU WRITE within word limit and time frame. After UPPCS daily answer writing practice and UKPCS DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE, ORACLE IAS comes out with new initiative UPSC DAILY ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE.
“Fit India Movement should not only focus on sports and physical activity, but also the more fundamental problem of nutrition in India”. Elaborate. (250 words)
“फिट इंडिया आंदोलन को न केवल खेलों और शारीरिक गतिविधियों पर, बल्कि भारत में पोषण से संबंधित मूलभूत समस्या पर भी ध्यान देना चाहिए।” समझाएं|
Introduce fit india movement
Issue of undernutrition and overnutrition
A way forward.
India launched ‘Fit India Movement’ on Sports Day, 2019 with an objective of having a healthy and productive citizens through focus on sports and physical activities. However, India has a serious nutrition problem that obstructs physical well-being of its citizens.
- As per the Global Nutrition Report, 2018, India has about 31% of the world’s stunted children apart from the most numbers of stunted and wasted children.
- The burden of vitamin and mineral deficiencies (‘hidden hunger’) is also considerable in india.
- The major causesof under nutrition are insufficient intake of healthy food such as milk, pulses, and fruits and vegetable and decline in the food basket diversity, especially of traditional grains.
- Women and children are the most vulnerable to micronutrient deficiencies causing reduction in physical work capacity and impairing growth and cognitive development.
HUNGAMA report also comes to similar conclusions.
- As per the recent findings of the National Family Health Survey-4 (2015-16), around 30% of urban women were found to be overweight or obese(BMI > 25.0 kg/m2).
- Around 26% or urban men belonged to the category of overweight and obese.
- The main causes are change in lifestyle choices, unhealthy diet, lack of physical activity, drug/alcohol abuse and lack of awareness about nutrition etc.
- The main consequences have been the rise in non-communicable diseases (diabetes, stroke), mental health issue, increase out of pocket expenditure on health and hindrance to in achieving of SDGs.
Fit India Movement could be successful in dealing with problem of over-nutrition, but it is equally important that interventions like PDS, Mid day meal etc. be made more effective to effectively deal with malnutrition, hidden hunger and double burden of malnutrition.
Contact us for:-