UPPSC/UPPCS Mains- Answer writing practice
What is the role of civil services in democracy in India? (125 w)
भारत में लोकतंत्र में सिविल सेवाओं की क्या भूमिका है? (125 w)
The Imperial Civil Services served as the ‘steel frame’ of colonial rule in India. Post-independence, though the broad structure of the colonial bureaucracy was retained, the policing role gave way to developmental role.
Role of civil services:
· Limbs of the Government: It mans the administrative machinery, and helps the government execute its programs through coordination and service delivery.
· Expert opinion during ideation, and policy formulation. It is also responsible for delegated legislation.
· Socio-economic Development: Being trustees of public resources, civil servants acts as leaders, and decision-makers in almost all spheres of governance.
· Continuity of Good Governance: It provides continuity in administration during political transition.
· Promote uniform administration and standards of governance in a diverse country, like India.
· Crisis Handler: They are the first responders in the event of disasters – whether natural (earthquakes, cyclones) or man-made (law and order).
Contact us for:-