UPPSC/UPPCS Mains- Answer writing practice
What is the role of civil services in democracy in India? (125 w)
भारत में लोकतंत्र में सिविल सेवाओं की क्या भूमिका है? (125 w)
Model Answer- role of civil services
The Imperial Civil Services served as the ‘steel frame’ of colonial rule in India. Post-independence, though the broad structure of the colonial bureaucracy was retained, the policing role gave way to developmental role.
Role of civil services:
· Limbs of the Government: It mans the administrative machinery, and helps the government execute its programs through coordination and service delivery.
· Expert opinion during ideation, and policy formulation. It is also responsible for delegated legislation.
· Socio-economic Development: Being trustees of public resources, civil servants acts as leaders, and decision-makers in almost all spheres of governance.
· Continuity of Good Governance: It provides continuity in administration during political transition.
· Promote uniform administration and standards of governance in a diverse country, like India.
· Crisis Handler: They are the first responders in the event of disasters – whether natural (earthquakes, cyclones) or man-made (law and order).
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- UKPCS-UKPSC/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:–9997453844
- Telegram channel : click here
- Mains- Answer writing practice-Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) #126 - January 18, 2021
- Mains- Answer writing practice- Food processing #125 - January 15, 2021
- Mains- Answer writing practice- Dry ports #124 - January 14, 2021