Mains- Answer writing practice: Left Wing Extremism
Discuss the government strategy in tackling Left Wing Extremism. (200 words)
Initially, LWE was understood mainly as a law and order issue. Thus, many measures were taken by the government to tackle the security side of the issue, which included modernization of State Police Forces through training as well as sanctioning more police stations in these areas, deploying specialized forces
such as Black Panther combat force for Chhattisgarh etc.
Although such measures help in tackling any imminent threat in terms of attacks by Maoists, yet there has been a growing realization that LWE must also be seen with spectrum of governance deficit and underdevelopment along with uneven development.
A fine balance between the two approaches – security and development measures – would ensure a sustainable outcome.
This realization is reflected in the changed approach of the government towards LWE, which includes various initiatives to build infrastructure and usher in development such as:
Road Connectivity Project for LWE Affected Areas under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
Making education accessible by initiatives like Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
Aspirational District programme in 35 LWE affected districts
Skill Development Initiatives such as Roshni etc
Rehabilitation and assimilation of surrendered LWE cadres with the society.
A holistic approach would help change the vicious cycle of extremism into a virtuous cycle of development.
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- UKPCS-UKPSC/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:–9997453844
- Telegram channel: click here
- Oracle IAS Uttarakhand GK book sold out : read reviews from students - September 1, 2021
- Oracle IAS partners with UPES for conducting Civil Services Exam training - August 17, 2021
- Uttarakhand GK 2021 in English book - August 12, 2021