–No. of Posts: about 831(119 SDM and 100 DSP)
–Last date of application: 02.08.2018
–Only first paper(GS) marks are counted for Pre exam
- In pre, negative marking to be 1/3 instead of 1/4
- In main exam, syllabus now is almost same as UPSC. The paper would be conventional type and not MCQ type for General Studies.
- Interview of only 100 marks lessens the discretion.
- Now the syllabus has become more dynamic in nature and importance of GS has increased comparatively. When we see that in conjunction with the trend of dynamic questions in Pre exam, the strategy for UPPCS should also change.
- In 2012, there was a change in pattern in UKPCS as well, and now it has become more in line with UPSC i.e. having more dynamism. We see a similar trend in UPPCS and students who are preparing for UPSC would certainly have an edge over students solely preparing for PCS. This can also be seen in recent PCS results in all states.
- Candidates should work on smart strategy. As the syllabus has now become almost like UPSC, even those serious UPSC aspirants who usually gave PCS exams a miss, are likely to apply for UPPCS. The competition has thus increased and without right guidance it would be near impossible to crack this exam.
- Huge number of seats would attract more students. But only those who regularly practice answer writing would succeed. Oracle IAS would start a free answer writing practice with model answers(as we have been doing for UKPCS for last several months). Aspirants can register for the same here.