For UKPCS Science Notes click on the below mentioned links:
UKPCS Science Mains paper Analyses
In this post we will be analyzing the UKPCS SCIENCE Mains PAPER (6) for UKPSC Mains 2016 & 2012 main exams. We will give our observations and recommendations of how to tackle the paper.
- Most students, especially of non-science background found this paper very tough. Even Science students would have found this tough if they were not well prepared. UKPSC has 35% qualifying marks for every paper (for unreserved seats) so to get interview call, one should at least get 70 in this paper. However many students fear they have not been able to attempt this much. We can only say that last time marking was very liberal so many got more than their expectation in this paper. So there is still hope.
- If we see marks from last time, many have actually scored above 140 in this paper #UKPSC 2012. So this might be a scoring paper if one prepares diligently. But one must be very thorough and not leave any area in syllabus.
- The paper this year was similar in difficulty to last year. It was very well distributed paper.
- The questions required wide study and not to be attempted lightly. Even when it seemed like general type questions, these required specific points.
For example LAN, MAN, WAN question required knowledge of topologies, question on menstrual cycle required knowledge of hormonal control etc.
- The problem students may face here is no defined reading material as one has to read through NCERTs, Computer science book, environment disaster management etc.
- Being a competitive exam and with cut throat competition, we believe that the SCIENCE paper could be the ‘make or break’ thing in getting a good rank or even to just be in the merit list. ASPIRANTS TAKING IT LIGHTLY WILL DO IT AT THEIR OWN PERIL.
- The paper would not seem tough to a well prepared person, who has even read Wikipedia pages of all topics as questions were straightforward and from within syllabus. So the major objective should be to complete the syllabus from any source that the aspirant is comfortable with.
- We would recommend to any aspirant (including senior aspirants) to start with the science section ASAP. The notification would come out sooner rather than later. This would save the aspirant precious time and energy as the syllabus really vast.
- We at ORACLE IAS HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A COMPREHENSIVE AND CONCISE BOOK THAT TARGETS SPECIFICALLY TO THE DEMAND OF THE PAPER. THE BOOK WILL BE RELEASED SOON. IT WOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE TO OUR OFFLINE STUDENTS FREE OF COST.
Contact us for:-