Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you daily MCQs.
1. Consider the following statements with respect to women‟s representation in State Assemblies in India:
1. Haryana has the highest proportion of women MLAs in India.
2. Nagaland has zero representation of women in its state Assemblies.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
2. “English Channel” which was sometimes seen in the news recently, connects which of the following?
a. North Sea with the Baltic Sea
b. Mediterranean Sea with the Atlantic Ocean
c. Norwegian Sea with the North Sea
d. North Sea with the Atlantic Ocean
3. Consider the following statements:
1. In India, it is being found in all forest types and the exception being the
mangroves of Sundarbans.
2. It has been listed as Vulnerable under the IUCN Red list.
3. Its range stretches from the Indus River in the west, the Himalayas in the north, and all the way to the Brahmaputra in the east.
Identify the species using the description given above:
a. Bengal Tiger
b. Indian Leopard
c. Black necked stork
d. Indian Wild Ass
4. Consider the following statements
1. He is an educationist, freedom fighter and a social reformer.
2. He was posthumously conferred with Bharat Ratna.
3. He founded the English-newspaper, “The Leader” which was published from Allahabad.
Identify the personality who correctly matches with the above description:
a. Madan Mohan Malaviya
b. Motilal Nehru
c. Abul Kalam Azad
d. Pandurang Vaman Kane
5. Chabahar Port, sometimes seen in the news recently, is located in which of the following regions?
a. Gulf of Aden
b. Gulf of Oman
c. Persian Gulf
d. Sea of Marmara
Women’s representation in State Assemblies registered an across-the-board increase in the last 18 years (2001-18) in comparison to the previous 18 years (1983-2000).
Today, Haryana has the highest proportion of women MLAs, 15% of the
total Assembly strength.
Nagaland continues to have zero representation.
The English Channel is the body of water that separates southern England from northern France and links the southern part of the North Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.
In India, the leopard is found in all forest types, from tropical rainforests to temperate deciduous and alpine coniferous forests.
It is also found in dry scrubs and grasslands, the only exception being
desert and the mangroves of Sundarbans.
It shares its territory with the tiger in 17 states.
Its range stretches from the Indus river in the west, the Himalayas in the north, and all the way to the lower course of the Brahmaputra in the east .
Madan Mohan Malaviya was an Indian educationist, freedom fighter and
the thrice president of Indian National Congress.
He was respectfully addressed as ‘Mahamana’, he was the founder of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at Varanasi in 1916, which was created under the B.H.U. Act, 1915.
He also founded a highly influential Englishnewspaper, ―The Leader‖ which was published from Allahabad.
Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya was posthumously conferred with
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun
- UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:–9997453844
- Uttarakhand PCS 2023 Mains : History Paper Analysis by Oracle IAS - March 21, 2023
- Uttarakhand PCS Prelims Crash Course 2023 - January 21, 2023
- UKPCS Upper Prelims 2023 Test series || Oracle IAS - January 21, 2023