What is nanotechnology?
Nanotechnology is science, engineering, and technology conducted at the nanoscale, which is about 1 to 100 nanometers. Nano-science and nanotechnology are the study and application of extremely small things and can be used across all the other science fields, such as chemistry, biology, physics, materials science, and engineering.
Applications in agriculture:-
- The application of nano-materials in agriculture aims in particular to reduce applications of plant protection products, minimize nutrient losses in fertilization, and increase yields through optimized nutrient management.
- Nanotechnology devices and tools, like nano-capsules, nano-particles and even viral capsids, are examples of uses for the detection and treatment of diseases, the enhancement of nutrients absorption by plants, the delivery of active ingredients to specific sites and water treatment processes.
Applications in vitro fertilization:-
- Treatment of animal and human infertility.
- Surrogate pregnancy.
- Livestock improvement.
- Harvesting and embryonic steam cells.
- Increase in survivability of endangered species.
- Gene transfer.
Contact us for:-
- UKPSC RO ARO 2023 Prelims Test Series || ORACLE IAS - September 24, 2023
- UKPSC RO-ARO study material(2023) Prelims - September 24, 2023
- उत्तराखण्ड समीक्षा अधिकारी/सहायक समीक्षा अधिकारी परीक्षा 2023 - September 9, 2023