Oracle IAS presents to you UPPCS Mains 2019 GS paper 1 analysis along with UPPCS Mains GS 1 model answers. In the subsequent posts we will also analyse:
- UPPCS Mains GS 2 paper
- UPPCS Mains GS 3 paper
- UPPCS Mains GS 4 paper
We had also initiated UPPCS Mains test series few months back along with UPPCS Mains Daily answer writing program. Many questions that were part of the initiatives appeared in the UPPCS Mains real paper.
Instructions for UPPCS Mains 2019 GS Paper-1
- UPPSC conducted general studies paper 1 for state civil services mains examination.
- Duration: 3 hours; Maximum Marks: 200
- Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attempting questions:
- There are TWENTY questions printed both in HINDI and in ENGLISH. Question 1-10 questions carry 8 marks each (125 words) & questions 11-20 carry 12 marks each (200 words)
- All the questions are compulsory.
- Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QC4) Booklet in the space provided.
- No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one.
- Word limit in questions, wherever specified should be adhered to.
- Any page or portion of the page left blank in the Question-cum-Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off.
UPPCS Mains Short Answer Questions ::(125 words, 8 marks)
Section – A
- Explain the role of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the integration of Princely States of India.
- Describe the role of Buddhist literature in the creation of world peace.
- Mahatma Gandhi represents the middle path approach in Indian Politics. Give logical explanation.
- “Communal violence is instigated by religious fanatics, initiated by anti-social elements, supported by political activists, financed by vested interests.” Comment.
- Evaluate the changing status of women in India.
- Discuss the solution to urban problems.
- Give an account of the minerals found in Uttar Pradesh.
- Enumerate the core infrastructure elements for Smart City development.
- Write a note on the Global Warming.
- Give a geographical account of Bundelkhand as a cultural region.
UPPCS Mains Long Answer Questions ::(200 words, 12 marks)
Section – B
- “The spine of Indian Economy was badly injured during the 200 years of British Rule.” Explain.
- Discuss the role of Hitler in bringing about the Second World War.
- “Revolt of 1857 was a turning point in India History”. Analyse.
- “Secularism as an orientation and a set of practices is indispensable to India’s future as a liberal democracy.” Discuss.
- Discuss the impact of globalization on the status of women in India society by citing suitable examples.
- What is globalization ? Discuss its impact on the social structure of India.
- Give an account of the primary targets of Uttar Pradesh Tourism Policy (2018).
- What is an air mass? Describe its chief characteristics.
- How are volcano, earthquake and tsunami related to each other? Highlight all the possible causes for volcanic eruptions.
- Mention the factors responsible for the origins of ocean currents and name the currents of the Atlantic Ocean.
Uttar Pradesh Mains (UPPCS Mains 2019) paper analysis
- Most of the questions were direct and could be answered by standard books
- NCERTs (6 to 12) are more than sufficient but to make your answer dynamic current affairs becomes important
- UP section was also covered in the UPPCS Mains exam. Thus it cannot be ignored.
- Many of the questions were covered in the class UPPCS Mains answer writing practice & test series
- Suggestion: Go through the past UPSC Mains paper post 2012
|UPPCS Mains GS 1 Question number||Subject/syllabus||Difficulty level||Remark/Source|
|1- Sardar Patel||Modern History||Easy||Test Series – Test 1, Q21|
|2- Buddhist literature||Ancient- Culture||Moderate||NCERT, Class notes, Need to be innovative and connect the dots|
|3- Mahatma Gandhi||Modern History||Moderate||Test series- Test 1, Q3|
|4- Communal violence||Society||Moderate||Click here & Test series- Test 1 Q 20|
|5- Women status||Society||Easy||Test series – Test 2 Q 19, Bias against women|
|6- Urban problems||Society||Easy||Test series – test 2- Q11|
|7- Minerals in UP||UP||Easy|
|8- Smart city||Schemes||Easy||Current affairs class|
|9- Global warming||Geography and environment||Easy||NCERT|
|11- Indian economy||Modern History||Easy||Class notes|
|12- Hitler||World History||Easy||Norman Lowe, Class notes|
|13- Revolt of 1857||Modern History||Easy||NCERT, Class notes|
|14- Secularism||Society||Moderate||Current Affairs class|
|15- Globalization and status of women||Society||Easy||Class notes|
|16- Globalization and Social structure||Society||Moderate||Test series- test 2 Q18|
|17- UP tourism policy||UP||Easy|
|18- Air mass||Geography||Easy||NCERT|
|19- Volcano, earthquake||Geography||Easy||NCERT , Test series – Test 1 – Q17
Test 2 – Q2, Q3
|20- Ocean currents||Geography||Easy||NCERT|
UPPCS Mains examination demands exceptional preparation, and having access to high-quality model answers is crucial for success. Oracle IAS presents UPPCS Mains Model Answers, a powerful resource that provides comprehensive guidance and insights for aspirants.
Understanding the Importance of Model Answers:
- How model answers serve as benchmarks for aspirants to understand the expected quality and depth of responses.
- The role of model answers in demonstrating effective answer structure, content organization, and analytical skills.
- The impact of practicing with model answers on enhancing time management and overall exam performance.
Question Paper covered in Oracle IAS’s UPPCS Mains Model Answers:
- Comprehensive coverage of all major subjects and papers in the UPPCS Mains examination from 2018-2022. It includes:
- GS I – GS IV solved papers (2018-2022)
- Outline of all Essay topics (2018-2022)
- Compulsory Hindi Language Paper (2018-2022)
Features of Book:
- Detailed and well-structured answers that demonstrate the required depth of knowledge and analytical approach.
- Inclusion of valuable insights, relevant examples, and key points to support and enrich the answers.
- Adherence to the latest exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus to ensure accuracy and relevancy.
The book is an indispensable tool for aspirants seeking excellence in the examination. By leveraging these meticulously crafted answers, you can gain a competitive edge, refine your writing skills, and align your responses with the expectations of the UPPCS Mains examination. Propel your preparation forward and pave the way for success.
Sample of the Book
To Order: Call/WhatsApp: 9997453844
Price: Rs.449/- Rs. 349/- (including shipping)
(Will be available on Amazon from 9th July 2023)