Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you daily MCQs.
1. Consider the following statements with respect to Drone regulation in India:
1. All drones require a Unique Identification Number (UIN) in India.
2. Drones will only be allowed to fly during the day and within the visual line of sight.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
2. The “Yellow Vest Revolt” is sometimes seen in the news recently. It is occurring in which of the following countries?
3. Consider the following statements
1. It is surrounded by China in the North and East.
2. The region is inhabited by the Idu Mishmi tribes.
3. It is not a designated Tiger Reserve.
Identify the Wild life Sanctuary which correctly
matches with the above characteristics?
a. Pakke Wildlife Sanctuary
b. Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary
c. Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary
d. Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
4. Consider the following statements with respect to World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO):
1. It is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN).
2. It was established through the WIPO Convention in 1967.
3. Its headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are
a. 3 only
b. 1 and 2 only
c. 1 and 3 only
d. 1, 2 and 3
5. The term “Nearshoring” is sometimes seen in the news recently. It is related to which one of the following?
a. Beaching of whales in New Zealand
b. Alternative method for H1B visas
c. Oil exploration projects in the areas of continental slope
d. Method used to renovate Victoria Memorial in Kolkata
The DGCA has defined five categories of drones:
1. Nano – Less than or equal to 250 grams.
2. Micro – Greater than 250 grams and less than or equal to 2 kg
3. Small – Greater than 2 kg and less than or equal to 25 kg
4. Medium – Greater than 25 kg and less than or equal to 150 kg
5. Large – Greater than 150 kg
The rules now stipulate that all drones outside the Nano category will
require a Unique Identification Number (UIN). i.e except Nano.
The rules also specified that drones will only be allowed to fly during the day and within the Visual Line of Sight up to a maximum altitude of 400 feet.
The regulations also define No Drone Zones around airports; near the International Borders; Vijay Chowk in Delhi; State secretariat complexes; Strategic locations.
There is a nationwide protest in France over high living costs that led to widespread rioting in Paris and are hurting the economy.
The ―yellow vest revolt” erupted on Nov. 17 and poses a formidable challenge to the French PM Emmanuel Macron.
The Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary (DWS) — located in the Dibang Valley District and surrounded by China in the north and east— mostly extends over the Mishmi Hills.
DWS is not a designated tiger reserve and is the highest site for the 2018
The region is inhabited by the Idu Mishmi tribe reveres tigers as elder brothers in the local folklore.
The Idu Mishmi tribe – the sub-tribe of the ethnic Mishmis of Tibet and Arunachal Pradesh — are known to have deep respect for
Researchers from the Wild life Institute of India (WII) have recently found a promising tiger population in the upper reaches of Dibang Valley in Arunachal Pradesh, the highest range in the Indian part of eastern Himalayas.
Often believed to occupy only lower altitudes, studies of tigers occupying higher reaches are not very common.
Their presence at Dibang Valley is the evidence of tiger at the highest altitude in the Indian part of the Eastern Himalayas.
Researchers claim the tigers spotted in DWS could be genetically different from those found in other parts of Arunachal Pradesh.
The state has three tiger reserves including the Pakke Tiger Reserve, the Kamlang Tiger Reserve and the Nampdhapa Tiger Reserve.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations.
WIPO serves as a global forum for intellectual property services, policy, information and cooperation.
WIPO‘s mandate, governing bodies and procedures are set out in the WIPO Convention, which established WIPO in 1967.
WIPO currently has 191 member states, administers 26 international treaties, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
According to the UN‘s World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO‘s) World Intellectual Property Indicators 2018 report, the number of patents granted by India shot up by 50% in 2017, keeping up a trend of steep
Nearshoring is an outsourcing model wherein IT firms establish delivery presence in countries and locations closer to the client geography and depute employees working in those centres to service clients whenever there is a need.
Indian information technology (IT) services firms are increasingly looking at nearshoring options to service clients in the US as restrictive visa regulations in the country are making it increasingly difficult for them to
depute engineers to this key client geography for meeting client requirements.
IT firms are now investing in Canada as getting a visa from Canada is easier than the US. For all practical purposes, you are
working in Canada, but can service a client in the US.
Contact us for:-
•IAS coaching in Dehradun
•UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun
•Current Affairs classes in Dehradun
•For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
•Phone Number:- 9997453844