TOPIC: Farmer’s Distress: Swaminathan Committee on Farmers (2006)
Starting SINCE 1990s, agriculture growth in India — particularly in rural India — has declined at a devastating rate. This has had a calamitous impact on the livelihoods associated with agriculture. High rate of farmer suicide is a symptom of this distress.
The year 2017 was marked by several farmers’ protests nationwide.(MP, TN, Maharastra, UP etc)
The agriculture growth rates have been unsteady in the recent past. 1.5% in 2012-13, 5.6% in 2013-14. (-.2%) in 2014-15, while in 2015-16 it was 0.7%.
The National Commission of Farmers (2006), chaired by M.S. Swaminathan, had pointed out that something “very serious and terribly wrong is happening in the countryside.”
Pleases click here for recommendations:
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Current Affairsclasses in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:–9997453844
Latest posts by Hemant Bhatt (see all)
- Uttarakhand PCS 2023 Mains : History Paper Analysis by Oracle IAS - March 21, 2023
- Uttarakhand PCS Prelims Crash Course 2023 - January 21, 2023
- UKPCS Upper Prelims 2023 Test series || Oracle IAS - January 21, 2023