Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you UKPCS Science Life Sciences (paper 6) – Physiology of Gas Exchange & Diseases.
Parts of the respiratory system and anatomy of respiratory system and organ functions cannot be complete if you don’t understand the transition between CO2 and O2. Once air has been inhaled, it passed through the airways until it reaches the alveoli within the lungs. Alveolus are surrounded by capillaries, through which the gasses enter and exit. Carbon dioxide enters the alveolus, where oxygen is extracted and passed back into the body. The constant blood flow prevents saturation of the blood, allowing for optimal transfer.
Physiology of Gas Exchange
Diseases and Illnesses of the Respiratory System
- Asthma – Asthma leads to a narrowing of the airways, which can cause breathlessness and wheezing.
- Bronchitis – A condition that causes inflammation of the mucus lining within the one lung or both.
- Emphysema – A disease that affects alveoli.
- Influenza – An illness caused by a virus that can have a detrimental affect on one’s respiratory system.
- Laryngitis – When one’s vocal chords (larynx) become inflamed.
- Pneumonia – When one or both lungs become inflamed.
- Lung cancer – Although commonly associated with smokers, lung cancer can also affect those who do not smoke.
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- UKPCS/UPPCS/UPPSC Mains coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:–9997453844
- Uttarakhand PCS 2023 Mains : History Paper Analysis by Oracle IAS - March 21, 2023
- Uttarakhand PCS Prelims Crash Course 2023 - January 21, 2023
- UKPCS Upper Prelims 2023 Test series || Oracle IAS - January 21, 2023