Oracle IAS, the best coaching institute for UPSC/IAS/PCS preparation in Dehradun brings to you views on important topics.
Syllabus: GS-2, Salient features of RPA.
Types of parties in India
- National Parties
- State Recognized Parties
- Unrecognized Parties
What are the conditions to become a national party in India?
- Lok Sabha has 543 seats in total out of which a part should at least have 2 per cent of seats from at least three different states in India.
India has seven national political parties:
- Started in 1980, BJP’s – Bharatiya Janata Party led by Amit Shah.
- Started in 1885, INC’s – Indian National Congress led by Rahul Gandhi.
- Started in 1964, CPI-M’s – Communist Party of India (Marxist) led by Sitaram Yechury.
- Started in 1925, CPI’s – Communist Party of India led by Suravaram Sudhakar Reddy.
- Started in 1984, BSP’s – Bahujan Samaj Party led by Mayawati Prabhu Das.
- Started in 1999, NCP’s – Nationalist Congress Party led by Sharad Pawar.
- Started in 1998, AITC’s – All India Trinamool Congress led by Mamata Banerjee.
What are the conditions to become state recognised parties?
- A political party should at least win three per cent of the total number of seats in the legislative assembly.
What is an unrecognized party?
- An Unrecognized Political Party cannot contest an election on its symbol. This party has to choose from the list of ‘free symbols’ issued by the poll panel.
- There are many unrecognised political parties in India which do not gain much attention in the elections.
Contact us for:-
- IAS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- UKPCS/UPPCS coaching in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Current Affairs classes in Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- For getting detailed feedback on your answers and improve answer writing
- Phone Number:– 9997453844
Latest posts by Hemant Bhatt (see all)
- Uttarakhand PCS Prelims Crash Course 2023 - January 21, 2023
- UKPCS Upper Prelims 2023 Test series || Oracle IAS - January 21, 2023
- Uttarakhand GK 2023 in English - January 20, 2023